First Blog Post Introduction

 Hello, 

    My name is Heather Kangas. I live here in Fairbanks, Alaska and am attending college for my degree as a Physicians Assistant. I am currently a junior this semester, and am attending part time.  I have a long history working in the health field and wish to continue. I am currently a Certified Medical Assistant working part time also, along with raising my three children.  We love to fish, hunt, camp, and gather for subsistence lifestyle.  

http://www.gustavklimt.net/the-kiss/

I am not a huge art person, my strengths lie with things more like math and science. I did take a ceramics course back in high school once, which I really enjoyed.  During our Anatomy and Physiology class back in high school and college, we were required to draw or sketch alot of our anatomy learning, which I enjoyed very much as well. I do not own any art pieces my self, we do more of our home decor with pictures of our adventures here in Alaska. I have not really attended any First Fridays or attend Art Museums. I have remembered this photo because it depicts love to me, and have really compared my marriage with this of the photo. I just love this painting.


Comments

  1. I love "The Kiss" too. I love how her toes are curled under, and the iridescent ovals splashed around the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heather! Thank you for sharing something about you. I was actually interested with PA school before, but it seems like I had to take more classes. So, I have decided to take nursing instead. Anyways, I like the photo you posted. Who made the artwork? It seems like the artist used earth colors that brings warmth to our eyes. I can interpret the painting as the couple are growing together. In relation to this painting although I may be too young to say this, but I think that's what love is. Maybe the artists wants to show us that real love should make us be a better person. Also, I would also love to know why you posted that painting. Can you relate to it, too? I would love to know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather! Wow PA studies sound great. This painting is very well painted with its gold leaf colors and complex patterns from a thoughtful artist. Just by looking at it, it shows the power that love can bring to a couple and how love should be. It brings a lot of strong emotions; I can relate to this painting and certainly enjoyed learning more about the picture and the artist. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Art Elements

Baroque Art